Sustainability at the Römerhof
Nature provides us with valuable resources for life. It is our job to treat it with respect and care. For us, sustainability means keeping our ecological footprint as small as possible.
What we do for it:
- Our new "power plant" on the roof of the hotel supplies you with environmentally friendly photovoltaic electricity. Furthermore we mainly use green electricity from hydropower.
- The Römerhof heats with bio-energy from the village, which allows us and our beutiful village to heat CO2- neutrally.
- If possible, we use dry steam devices for our cleaning. We also work with as few chemicals as possible.
- Innovative devices in our own laundry reduce our consumption of water and cleaning agents.
- We offer free bicycles and mountain bikes for our guests.
E-Mountain bikes and e-city bikes can be rented for a fee.
- We will be happy to pick you up from the Dorfgastein train station free of charge.
All long-distance express trains stop here in the village.
- Free shuttle service in winter to the cable car (runs every 15 minutes).
- For a small fee, you can fill up your e-car at 2 charging stations.
- Our guests already have the option of arriving in a
climate-friendly manner without a car: Mobilito, RIT tickets.
We would be happy to make you an offer and create an individual offer for your train journey.just - email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wherever possible, we buy regional and organic. Therefore we are also certified with the Austrian Quality - Certificat "AMA".
- Hiking and ski bus are available with the GasteinCard throughout the valley for a small fee (currently 1.50 per route in summer) In Winter is the Skishuttle included.
- We are aiming to switch to a "paperless office" as far as possible. We print double sided and with our digital concierge we try to stem the flood of brochures.
- We have water-saving faucets installed. Furthermore, we encourage our guests to forgo a daily linen and towel change.
- By replacing halogen and energy-saving lamps with low maintainance LEDs, we can reduce power consumption and have a better environmental balance
We do not use air conditioning - you can enjoy the wonderfully clear mountain air instead.
- We buy regionally and seasonally.
Products from home also guarantee short journeys and thus ensure lower CO2 emissions and requires less energy consumption for cooling and storage. More and more guests not only want to know what they are eating, but also where this food comes from.
- We strive for a "zero-waste hotel".
Instead of individually portioned and plastic-packaged food, we are trying to switch to large containers and offer jam, honey, spreads, etc. in small jars.
Car sharing project launch
In partnership with BÄM Mobility GmbH, the Gasteiner Bergbahnen are creating an electric car sharing location at the valley station of the Schlossalmbahn.
This pilot project promotes modern, sustainable mobility in the Gastein Valley. The electric car can be rented flexibly using a smartphone and is now available to locals and guests alike.
Tariffs: € 6,50 or € 4,20 with climate ticket per hour
Two more car-sharing cars will be available to our guests.(Kur- und Tourismusverband Bad Hofgastein and Alpentherme Bad Hofgastein) also support the project.
The e-car can be reserved & booked via the BÄM Mobility app after one-time registration. The registration is free of charge and there are no monthly basic fees.
Winterpackages - Hotel RÃ¶merhof
Our winteroffers for your holiday in Dorfgastein